Radio show on The Voice for
Sunday 15th December 2013
I’ve not done this for a couple of recent shows and I regret it. It is nice to have a bit of a record of what I plan to talk about and what songs I plan to play, because I often forget stuff seconds after I have thought about it.
It is also nice to have a record of each show to look back on in the future.
Listening to the show
My show goes out live from 3.00 – 6.00pm every Sunday on The Voice (local radio for North Devon) and you can listen online or via the TuneIn app on your phone. If you are lucky enough to live in North Devon you should be able to find us on DAB, and soon we will also be broadcast on 106.1 and 107.8 fm.
Unsigned music this week.
I get to play six unsigned tracks of my choice and with this being the penultimate show before Christmas I will be keeping it pretty seasonal.
There is a wealth of great unsigned Christmas music, and the best part is that they won’t have been played to death on every other station or show.
So here’s a list of songs that I plan to play.
- 1. The Reasoning “It’s Christmas (Sing out Loud)“
- The Cardiff progressive rockers 2013 seasonal offering is actually threatening to make the charts this Christmas.
- 2. The Midnight Toys “It’s Christmas!“
- From the RAMUK69 CRIMBO 2010 album this is a perfect slice of festive pop punk. A great singalong track.
- 3. Jim Jones “Wintersong“
- Jim “Smalltown” Jones is a highly respected North Devon musician and this song also from the CRIMBO 2010 album is a beautiful wintery piece without being overtly Christmassy.
- 4. New Groove Formation “Christmas Eve (I Want To Spend It With You)“
- Eight piece ska band from Bedfordshire with a jumping celebrating of the season.
- 5. Destination “No Substitute“
- Epic synth duo from Huddersfield and Aberdeen with influences from Erasure who also have a Christmas release this year, the album Snow Globe.
- 6. Hannah and the Gent “Just Isn’t Christmas“
- From a four track e.p. from this Exeter duo. Hannah is one half of Sound of the Sirens, while “The Gent” is Tony Lock runs something called “One Umbrella Music” which works with unsigned bands.
I am always up for hearing your requests. If we have them in the database I will try to play anything you ask for. Please try not to ask for Coldplay, Athlete, Snow Patrol, or Keane. But apart form them I am up for it. I would rather hear plastic pop music than maudlin faux rock.
Contacting the show
You can get in touch in the following ways
- Pick up the electric telephone and dial 01271323010
- Text “VOICE” followed by your message and your name to 66010
- email studio [AT] thevoicefm.co.uk
- Tweet @TheVoiceFM
- Facebook page or if you want just the Facebook page for my show it is here
I have already promised to give Rob baker a mention and to let you know that he is promoting an event.
Generator promotions presents “Black Christmas” with Fallen State plus very special guests Planview, and Goose the Nun.
The Fallen State – https://www.facebook.com/thefallenstate is a 5 piece contemporary hard rock band from the South West of England. They contain former members of popular Barnstaple bands Tequila Rocking Bird and Load Click Shoot.